AMANN Group is a privately held leading international manufacturer of high-quality sewing threads, embroidery threads and Smart Yarns with manufacturing centres in Europe and Asia. Its customers are the globally leading apparel brands such as Zara, H&M, Marks and Spencer, Adidas, Puma, North Face, Uniqlo, and many more.
Leading global brands are customers of AMANN Group, primarily in Europe and USA. They have a complex multi-tiered supply chain comprising of a network of agents, vendors and factories. The decision-making process for selection of swing thread vendors is also similarly multi-layered and geographically spread. AMANN Global sales teams have to cover the design and the buying offices of the brands, as well as the main agents and their vendors to ensure that AMANN threads are used for the apparels being produced. This needed a strategic approach for covering key accounts (brands) globally, with sales persons also spread across geographies, in Europe, USA and Asia.
AMANN management realized that unless they institute a strong global key account management process, they will not be able to sustain and develop new business from these global accounts
With the help of ValueQwest, AMANN senior management team embarked on a transformation initiative, named Project Phoenix, to design, develop and implement a clear roadmap of key initiatives in order to set up the GKA Business for success by the year 2019 and beyond.
The following top 6 GKA initiatives were in scope for this Program
- Structure and Resource Review
- Communications Process and Tools
- Sales Process
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Performance Measurement and Sales Analytics
- CRM Adoption
The design, development and implementation of the initiatives started at the beginning of 2018 and was completed by the end of 2019
ValueQwest Consultants teamed up with key members of the global key account management team to implement this transformation program through the following set of activities.
- Organization Structure and Resource Review and Key Account Prioritization
- Performance Measurement and Sales Analytics: Developing Performance Measures, Designing and developing CRM dashboards, monitoring adoption and executing ongoing reinforcement
- Aligning of communication processes globally, and rationalizing on business review and deal review calls
- Opportunity Management and Key Account Management Process Training
- Consultative Skills Training
It was immediately acknowledged that setting up a clear framework, instituting processes, driving discussions and decisions using CRM dashboard and developing consultative skills have benefitted the AMANN Global Key Accounts Organization in terms of:
- Better communication and collaboration
- Presenting a consistent set of value propositions, actions and pricing to all the decision-making layers
- Improved ability to articulate the value proposition of AMANN as a high quality, high value supplier
Engaging client’s design and manufacturing stakeholders to co-create new innovative sewing solutions